Aside from constituting a minus to your appearance rating, belly fat, it can also be a sign of health problems, especially if left unchecked. An increase in the size of one’s belly can be an accurate symptom of serious illnesses that can pose dangerous long-term health issues. In this article, we have come up with 10 effective exercises that burn belly fat completely.
Do you indulge in diet starving, combine it with marathon abs sessions, and yet do not get your desired result of belly fat loss? Well, we are sorry to tell you that your strategy is not good enough. Indeed, dieting (though not drastic ones that amount to starvation) and sit-ups can help you lose an overall volume of weight.
However, they might not be so effective when it comes to localized fat such as the one in your belly because in your belly, especially the part considered as your cartridge belts, that a lot of adipose tissue with “a2” receptors is concentrated. In other words, your belly is where your “fat-catching” receptors are based. Thus to burn belly fat, you will have to stimulate hormones that act as the archenemies of the “a2” receptors known as the “b1” ones.
Getting complicated? Don’t worry about all the technicalities involved. We perfectly understand that you only want to get rid of belly fat, so we’re now going to go straight to highlighting some scientifically backed strategies and exercises that burn belly fat effectively. What’s more? You can do most of them in the comfort of your home without having to attend a gym. Let’s get started!
10 Exercises That Burn Belly Fat Quickly
Push-ups are not only a simple and effective exercise when it comes to burning belly fat; they are also great for maintaining overall fitness. They are thus found in all military physical training all over the world.
- Start lying on the floor with your stomach on the floor
- Using your arms, raise and lower the body
- Get on all fours with the palms of your hands resting on the floor.
- Jump with your feet back to assume a plank position, while you keep your arms extended.
- Flex your arms and lower your body
- Immediately return your feet to the initial position on all fours.
- Then straighten up.
When you perform this particular exercise correctly, the additional benefit asides from the burning of belly fat is that your quads, glutes, abs, pecs, and arms will gain strength and muscle mass.
3. Mountaineering (Climbing)
We all know that climbing mountains requires great physical fitness, but we don’t always have a mountain to climb. This exercise is designed to mimic the process, so it’s quite effective at burning unwanted belly fat.
- Get into a plank position.
- Lift one foot a bit and start bending your knee as you bring your leg up to your face between your body and the floor.
- Then return your foot to its original position.
- Repeat the process with the other leg.
The abdominals are logically one of the most popular exercises for shedding excess belly fat.
- Begin the exercise with your head up towards the ceiling, with your knees bent and your feet resting on the floor.
- Place your hands behind your head with your thumbs behind your ears.
- Lean forward and upward so that your head, neck, and shoulders are off the ground.
- Hold this position for a while and slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat the operation.
5. Plank on the forearms
Make the board based on the forearm is the most common way to achieve the performance of the board. It is achieved by placing yourself in a position similar to that of a push-up, with the forearms and toes supporting the body’s weight. This exercise is excellent for losing abdominal fat. Still, it is also a good exercise for strengthening the shoulders and buttocks.
- Place your forearms on the floor. Keep your elbows beneath your shoulders and your arms parallel to each other, separated by a gap similar to your shoulder-width apart.
- Lift your body in a position similar to push-ups, so that your forearms and toes support your body weight.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds if you are a beginner and gradually increase this time as you perform the exercise.
You will also find other plank variations: the so-called “walking”, the lateral, and the one that can be done with an exercise ball.
6. Sumo squat
The sumo squat is effective in removing the toughest belly fat.
- Start by spreading your legs wider than your shoulders, placing them at a 45-degree angle.
- Next, perform a squat at a 90 ° angle as you raise and place your hands under your chin.
- Then go up a little, halfway up, and then go back down until your legs go beyond the imaginary line parallel to the ground, going down; the more, the better. Your knees should not go beyond the balls of the feet, however.
7. Abs “sprinter sit-ups.”
Even though running is a great exercise, we can mimic the beneficial effects even at home in our living room with “sprinter sit-ups.” This exercise takes advantage of your body weight to strengthen and define your abs.
- Lie on your back with your arms extended on both sides of your body.
- With a quick movement, sit as far back as possible as you bring your right arm forward and your knee to your chest.
- Repeat the operation on the other side. The movement is like the one you do when you run.
If you want to burn belly fat or have a perfectly defined abdomen, the “bike” exercises are ideal for you.
- Lie on the floor with your hands resting on either side of your body.
- Then place your hands behind your head, crossing your fingers. However, you can choose not to cross them.
- Lift your right foot so that your muscles are perpendicular to the floor, and your calves are parallel to the floor.
- At the same time, lift the shoulder blades and turn your body so that your left arm’s elbow touches the knee of the raised right foot.
- Stretch your right foot but keep it off the ground and, at the same time, bend your left leg and turn your upper body so that the elbow of your right arm touches the knee of your left foot.
The most fun, effective, and yet, an ironical way to burn belly fat is still swimming in cool water. It is one of the great exercises you can perform to maintain your physical condition. The movements you choose should be intense to help you burn as many calories as possible.
To burn belly fat, aerobic physical exercise is essential, such as walking, running, cycling, or swimming, as well as other exercises that you can do at homes such as squats, burpees, lunges, or jumping jacks.
10. Goalkeeper push-ups
They are similar to traditional push-ups; only that in this case, in each push-up, you’ll first put the weight on one of the arms, and then on the other. Pectorals, arms, and abdomen are worked.
When doing your sit-ups, burpees, and cardiovascular exercise, catecholamines are generated, substances that activate the “b1” receptors, the opposite of the “a2” fat-trapping receptors. Doing these exercises helps to mobilize the fat anchored in the belly and cartridge belts. And, along with that, incorporate toning exercises (weights, training with the body weight in isometrics, etc.), which help to gain muscle and burn more calories even at rest.
See also: 20 Ways To Avoid Injury During Exercise